Ikaruga With Lyrics (V2) Ikaruga With Lyrics (V2)

Made me smile - you did a sweet job of capturing the feel of Ikaruga with your verse. Honestly the weakest link here is the audio quality. I hesitate to rate it higher because the voices are grainy at times.

But man, this is glorious. Nice work!

Recorderdude responds:

I've only noticed after finishing that it sounds granier on other headsets/speakers than mine - and I should have checked that before uploading. Hopefully, I'll be able to fix those in future songs.

X Sentinel - Scrapyard X Sentinel - Scrapyard

Excellent! I'm starting to immerse myself in the dubstep genre a little more, but I'm still traipsing around. I love the piano and how you mixed the wub with it. It was a little high pitched for my tastes, but that's just a personal preference. I kinda wish the screech (whatever you call that) was a little more deep though.

Still, great stuff. I hope to see that piano again soon.

8-bit loop 8-bit loop

Funny, the song invokes an image of lighthearted adventure. This.. doesn't sound truly 8-bit, but I still like it, so no problem there. Loops flawlessly; kudos for that!
And yeah, enjoy the week-long fame. xD

Daydream-Anatomy responds:

I know right:/

It's my 3rd time makeing the weekly tops actually.

Thanks for the review:]

Sonic 2 - Sky Chase Sonic 2 - Sky Chase

Holy mother of Chuck...

I remember playing this on Sonic 2, this level pissed me off because it made me go "WTF!?". This song makes me feel so happy though... The intro captivated me, which is something I like in a good song. I'm pretty sure most do. This sounds like GREAT background music, like in a beach. Its just so... happy. Great job. You are officially my favorite Sonic remixer/artist of all time.

PaulyBFromDa303 responds:

Why thank you. I'm glad to hear it.

Yeah the only problem I really had with this level is that you couldn't really mix it up and try new strategies, but I suppose it's just the calm before the bgiger storm, right? lol

Sonic 1 - Final Boss Sonic 1 - Final Boss

Instant accomplishment.

For going from 18 to roughly 274 seconds, you did an unparalleled job. I like how the twists and beats on top of trancifying(is that a word?) the original melody simply contributed to a better song. It's heart came from Sonic, but I see this song in a Megaman game for some reason. XD

If anybody could do better, I'll shit bricks. Nice work!

PaulyBFromDa303 responds:

I get that a lot. It appears a LOT of Sonic songs can be used in Megaman. In fact I think I saw on youtube somewhere once that if Sonic didn't have spikes and had a gun for an arm instead he'd BE Megaman LOL

Anyway, thanks for the review. I'm glad you like it

~`The Race Against Time`~ ~`The Race Against Time`~

...Bleh..

To be honest, this song was a letdown for me. I expected something extremely fast and catchy. The intro was good, but it seemed that you transitioned it into something that was just "out of whack". It just didn't seem to appeal to me. Maybe its just me, but I don't get why this song is on the best of the week. I should congratulate you for getting a track here though, at least. Maybe if you made the song into something else...

Rhyhart responds:

Well I'm sorry you feel that way, maybe you'd like some of my other stuff. Thanks for the input though!!!

Planxty Lady Wrixon+*~.0 Planxty Lady Wrixon+*~.0

It sounds good, but not my taste..

I'll hand it to you, good sir, the instruments in this song sound beautiful and clear. It all sounds... different for some reason, though. Never really heard anything like this. Its unfamiliar, and the song just doesn't... I don't get it. It sounds nice, but I don't like it much. I am going to give you a 9 though, it sounds like you put a lot of work into this piece.

Chronamut responds:

hey man at least you're honest - you're prolly just not used to it - the notes are also more "natural" so that it doesnt sound midi-perfect note wise :)

and yes a lot of effort was put into this song.

*+ (KH2: Monochrome Dreams) +* *+ (KH2: Monochrome Dreams) +*

Good times, good times...

The mask you added over the intro made the song seem... old. After the transition, the song seems similar to the actually KH2 one, but in HD. You also ended the song nicely too. Its a shame the actual song itself wasn't too long, so you really couldn't make it longer. It just seems a bit too close to the original one, but it's still fantastic work nonetheless.

Chronamut responds:

yeah I wanted a clear crisp version of the song :)

I loved it too much to change it though :P

chron & darkside's battletoads chron & darkside's battletoads

With REAL guitar!?

Oh my... Well, the REAL guitar threw me off there. That alone deserves good props. The harmony(if you can call it that) is nice too. Its just a loop, and the song isn't all that complex either. If you extended it, added another instrument (maybe?) it would be a perfect score. It didn't appeal that much, but I admire you for opening it and ending it cleanly.

Chronamut responds:

yeah there arethings I would do differently if I were to do thissong today, but oh well, you live and you learn!

+*+(Pretty Green Eyes DEMO)+*+ +*+(Pretty Green Eyes DEMO)+*+

Like with, but with no voices..

The beginning make my ears cry for more, the remastered tune was wonderful. It was perfect... until the voices started. And, then I realized how short this song was. I guess it was a demo, and maybe I'm just not the person that enjoys vocals, but it was alright.

Chronamut responds:

it was merely the starting part of hte song - I never finished it. Also the vocals are absolutely essential - I might finish this one day - I may not..